Immanuel’s Covid-19 response (updated 3-20-2020):
Greetings and God’s grace, mercy, and peace to you in Jesus Christ!
We at Immanuel are making sure that we continue the care of souls through this pandemic. Especially in a time like this, it is important for us to remember the needs of others and give the comfort which can only come from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our desire is to minimize the spread of the disease, help those in need, and proclaim the Gospel. As you know, this can be a challenging balancing act between these three. The following is our plan in response to this crisis. Please keep up to date by looking on our website, Facebook page, or your member email, or by calling the church office.
- Proclaim the Gospel
- The church office is still open and Pastor is offering communion, visitation, or counseling by appointment
- Pastor has started a youtube channel called “Immanuel’s Friends” for posting devotions, instruction for catechism classes, sermons, and services. CLICK HERE to view.
- We will be posting a video of a special service for the pandemic on our youtube channel and it will be televised on alco-tv.
- Previous church services can be watched on alco-tv, channel 99, Wednesdays and Fridays at 6 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m. Or go to accesslaportecounty.org and search “Immanuel.” Pastor’s sermons can also be read on our website.
- Pastor is continuing with his First Communion class and Catechism class online.
- Helping those in Need
- Our small food pantry is still open, but we need donations to help restock. We could also use gas cards and grocery store cards.
- The Elders are calling members that might not have family nearby to make sure they have what they need.
- If Immanuel members know of people who are older or vulnerable and don’t have family or friends nearby to check on them, they are encouraged to call them.
- Members are asked to continue giving their tithes and offerings so that Immanuel can still offer its services. If you would like to electronically give, please email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimizing the Spread of Disease
- We urge you to follow CDC guidelines concerning the pandemic.
- Our cleaning service is still coming twice a week to sanitize with CDC recommended disinfectants on pews, door handles, bathrooms, and commonly touched surfaces.
Be aware that all plans are subject to change as circumstances change around us!
We hope that with these steps taken, we can continue to serve the Gospel of Jesus Christ to you. The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding be yours in Jesus Christ!